CTSI logo

UK European Consumer Centre

Useful Links

You will find details of organisations in the UK and Europe who may also be able to provide additional advice, assistance and information below. 

European Commission Recognised Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Schemes For The UK

ABTA - The Travel 

ADR Group -

Deals with holiday complaints regarding member companies.

British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) -  

Consumer advice on car hire.


Chartered Institute of Arbitrators -


Communications & Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS)        

Telephone complaints regarding member companies.


Consumer Credit Trade Association (CCTA)   

Conciliation on financial disputes with member companies.


Direct Selling Association (DSA) –  

Adjudication provided with member companies (various industries).


Ombudsman Services - Energy (formerly The Energy Supply Ombudsman)   

Assistance in sorting out a complaint with an energy supplier.


European Car Rental Conciliation Service (ECRCS)   

ECRCS helps customers with unresolved complaints concerning cross-border vehicle rentals within Europe.


Finance and Leasing Association (FLA)   

Conciliation services for disputes involving member companies on finance and leasing.



Conciliation and arbitration with member furniture companies, inspection and testing for non-members.


Ombudsman Services - Communications (formerly OTELO)  

Arbitration service for communications complaints with member companies.


Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS)  

The official independent expert in settling complaints between consumers and businesses providing financial services.


The Property Ombudsman  

A free, fair and independent service for buyers, sellers, tenants and landlords of property in the UK.


Ombudsman Services - Property (formerly Surveyors Ombudsman Service)  

Resolving complaints from consumers about chartered surveying firms, surveyors, estate agents, residential managing agents and letting agents.


CEDR Solve  

Europe's leading commercial mediation and alternative dispute resolution provider.


Postal Redress Service (POSTRS)  

An independent body whose role is to resolve disputes between regulated postal operators and their customers.

Useful Information on the European Small Claims Procedure

HM Courts and Tribunals Service (HMCTS) -

Information on European Union cross-border claims.


European Commission's Judicial Atlas website -

In order to complete a European small claim you will need to use the standard forms which can be found on this website.

Other Consumer Advice Services


Consumer rights group who have been offering independent advice and campaigning on behalf of consumers for more than 50 years.