Directory of Useful Organisations
Here, we've listed a number of organisations - in the UK, Europe and around the world - who may also be able to provide additional advice, assistance and information.
Approved Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Schemes For The UK
- ABTA - The Travel Association (abta.com): Deals with holiday related complaints against its members
- ADR Group (consumer-dispute.co.uk): General consumer dispute resolution service
- Aviation ADR (aviationadr.org.uk): Deals with disputes (delay, cancellation, denied boarding) relating to its member airlines
- CEDR Airlines (cedr.com/aviation): Deals with disputes (delay, cancellation, denied boarding) relating to its member airlines
- eCogra (ecogra.org): Impartial mediation for gambling websites licensed byt the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority
- ECRCS - European Car Rental Concilliation Service (ecrcs.eu): Deals with disputes against Car Rental members where there is a cross border purchase
- Retail ADR (retailadr.org.uk): General dispute resolution service
- BVRLA - British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (bvrla.co.uk): Deals with disputes against Car Rental members in the UK
- Financial Ombudsman Service (financial-ombudsman.org.uk): Deals with disputes against regulated financial institutions.
Consumer Advice Organisations
- Citizens Advice (citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer): Provides free advice to consumers who have a complaint against a UK company
- Which (which.co.uk/consumer-rights): Consumer rights group offering independent advice to consumers.
- Civil Aviation Authority (caa.co.uk): Aviation Regulation
- Financial Conduct Authority (fca.org.uk): Financial regulatory Body in the United Kingdom.
- Advertising Standards Authority (asa.org.uk): Self-regulatory organisation of the advertising industry in the United Kingdom
Other Useful Bodies
- Chartered Trading Standards Institute (tradingstandards.uk): Professional association which represents trading standards professionals working in local authorities, business and consumer sectors and in central government in the UK and overseas
- Action Fraud (actionfraud.police.uk): UK's national fraud and cyber crime reporting centre
- eConsumer (econsumer.gov): eConsumer.gov is where you can report international scams and learn about other steps you can take to combat fraud.
Useful Information on the European Small Claims Procedure: